September 4, 2012

Opening Reception At Gallaudet University

Last Thursday, August 30th, I went to the opening reception for the group exhibition I am in: A Vision That Smells of Soap in the Washburn Arts Center, Linda K. Jordan Gallery at Gallaudet University. The show features 20 artists that were found at this year's Artomatic.

The show was packed and quite a cross- cultural experience, with the majority of the public using ASL (American Sign Language) to communicate. Luckily for me there were official translators all over the gallery ready to help us all understand each other (mostly me because many ASL users read lips as well).

Thanks to those of you who came out to see the work and say hello, and a special thanks to Tracey Salaway for including me in the show! For those of you who couldn't be there, the show runs until September 21st, regular gallery hours are Monday through Friday from 9am-4pm.

Please find directions here.

 
 
My work


No comments: