November 20, 2008

Silent Auction Recap

Last Saturday night I went to Transformer Gallery's 5th Annual Silent Auction and had a good time catching up with friends, checking out art and meeting collectors. The night went well for me (there was a little bidding war for my pieces from the Making Face series I did a few years ago - here and here) but it felt different from past years: there seemed to be less people (though it was still crowded), less artwork on the walls and more restrained bidding. From what I heard, Transformer had a good night in the end (though I'll be interested to hear what the final earnings were for the night), but it definitely felt like the down turn in the economy might have been having an effect on the night...But who knows, I'm definitely not an economist!


me with artists Anna U Davis, Dana Ellyn, and Matt Sesow

No comments: