March 9, 2009

Tired, tired and tired...... but extremely happy!

I am happy to announce that on March 2, 2009 at 9:11 pm, my amazing and beautiful son, Luca Bautista Ferrand was born, weighing in at 6.11 lbs and measuring 20.5 inches long (a string bean for sure)!

He was a week early but kind enough to wait for me to finish the last painting for my show at Hillyer Art Space the morning he was born.

The labor and birth were really incredible to witness and I was left with a deep sense of awe and respect for the strength and self-sacrificing nature my wife possesses, she was incredible that day. Staying calm and focused, she worked hard and was able to deliver a healthy and strong Luca only 3 hours after we arrived at the hospital!

Now we're all home. Things have changed. We're sleeping less, but we're enjoying this new life we're living!

Welcome Luca!!!

No comments: